Sunday 25 October 2015

Swiss Lake in Chatsworth Park

Only 3 of us this week, me Rob & Ike and we decided to go to have a look at the Swiss Lake in Chatsworth to see the autumn colours. With the clocks changing this Sunday we thought 07:00 was a good start time. Previously i had got up at 03:50 to have a look at the 3 planets out of my bedroom window which faces east. I got my bean bag and balanced my camera on it and did a couple of shots then back to bed. Up at 06:20 and looked out the window to a fantastic pre dawn glow, out the window again with my camera and a couple of shots before getting ready to go up to our Robs.
We left at 07:00 and parked up at the corner of Beeley Lane and we were the first one's there. It was quite cold +2  degrees but lovely and fresh. A walk on the track past the woods over the style in the wall then it was straight down until we got to the edge of the woods on the Chatsworth estate. The track wound around past some log piles and then to the lake. To our surprise it was half empty obviously having some work done to it. I had to pick my spot to get a decent picture. We had our breakfast there and i had to have some drink from our Rob and Ike because i had forgot my water for my tablets. It was a slow walk back and through the woods there was a couple taking pics of mushrooms so i knelt down to take some shots myself and that's when i had dropped my phone. From there it was straight back to the car.

This weeks route to The Swiss Lake

3 planets looking east above Belper




Pre dawn glow  above Belper

Lovely tree lined drive


Looking towards Chatsworth from Beeley Lane



Odd looking clouds

Great "pony tail" on this moo





Fungi half way up a tree

Log piles everywhere


Didn't expect to see this in the Chatsworth woods

Ike




Rob & Ike

Swiss Lake

Rob


Tree hugging session


More great fungi

I think this is where i dropped my phone


Got the beady eye from this cow



The track back to the car


I was the only one parked here when we arrived.
This was a nice walk of just over 4 1/2 miles and in good weather. I think we have seen more people than we have ever seen before on a Sunday morning on this walk and most of them seamed to have dogs. I have a quick trip up to Sheffield tomorrow to retrieve my phone from the honest folk that found it.
See you next week.



2 comments: