Sunday 18 March 2018

Belper in the Snow

Well the mini Beast from the East has struck and i couldn't get my car out of the street so i decided to have a walk around Belper. Looked out of the bedroom window about 06:45 and thought iv'e got to get a shot of this. Then had my breakfast and got kitted up for a walk in the snow. No cars had got out of my road and there were only single tracks on the other local roads. I thought about my route and it went as follows. Down Belper Lane to the bridge and River Gardens, up Long Row and Green Lane to St. Peters then carried on up to the  top of Chesterfield Rd. Back down Chesterfield Rd along Penn St to St. Johns Chapel. From st. Johns down to the Market Place, The Memorial Gardens then down New Rd to Morrisons Island, back along the A6 to the Triangle and over the Bridge and back home.

My route around Belper

View from my house



















































































































































Just over 4 1/2 miles in the snow up and down hills with a smattering of snow coming down as well with very cold temperatures but with all this snow it just had to be done.
See you next week.

1 comment: