Sunday 1 April 2018

Deer and Waterfalls

The Sunday crew were all committed to other duties this morning so i was on my own. I though i might have a quick trip up to Chatsworth Park to see if i could spot some deer. I set off about 07:00 and drove slowly through the park and to my surprise a herd of Red Deer were just 100 yards away so i pulled up at he side of the road, opened the window and zapped them. They even moved in front of the house for me. I then turned the car around and went to the Carlton Lees car park. A short walk from the car park to the old mill building and then the weir. I had my ND filter on for the waterfall and did a few shots. That's when i saw the deer on the other side of the river there must have been a hundred of them, i had to quickly remove the ND filter before i could zap them. I thought that was it but i packed up my tripod got my camera bag on my back and started to walk back towards the car. What happened next was amazing the deer started to jump into the river and swim across to my side of the river. Unfortunately had the wrong lens on and not enough time to change so zapped them as they came across. Got back to the car and set off for Lumsdale Waterfalls near Matlock. Had a walk around the falls and did a few shots. After all this rain we've had the water was thundering over the falls and another spectacular sight.


A herd of young Stags











The old mill

Chatsworth Weir

This is just a fraction of the deer that ran past on the other side of the river

They all swam over the river












Lumsdale waterfalls in full flow







I missed the guys this morning but got some decent shots despite the lack of light, it was quite dull especially early on when i saw the Red Deer. But so privileged to see the deer in the water, I'll remember that for a long time.
See you next week

2 comments:

  1. Amazing deer shots! Love them swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing bit of luck seeing all the (fallow) deer crossing the river! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete